If you are like most people, you have been putting something off that you know you need to get done.
In fact, I bet right this minute you could name three things you’ve been putting off for at least three months. Losing weight? Sorting receipts for your taxes? Asking for a raise?
Have you noticed that when you procrastinate for extended periods of time you begin to engage in negative self-talk? This is a sure way to deflate your confidence. The undone tasks loom in our mind, sending us messages that we are lazy, afraid, incapable, etc. We can buy into these negative messages, or take the task by the horns so-to-speak and get it done.
Below are seven steps to overcome procrastination and build up your confidence:
- Make a list of all the tasks you have been putting off.
- Prioritize what is most important and what can wait.
- From the tasks that are most important, prioritize them based on what can be completed easily and what requires more time and effort.
- Create action steps needed to accomplish each task (small steps).
- Monitor your progress and scratch completed items off your list.
- Get the support you need. If you are uncertain of the best way to approach a task, ask a friend – or an expert.
- Plan rewards and celebrations for accomplishing small and large tasks.
Make your list today, start taking action, and experience more confidence as you take charge of your life. Ready? Set? GO!
If you want to learn more on how to build your confidence, download our FREE eBook, “The Confidence Habit.”
As an added bonus, you’ll also get our Confidence Training Series for FREE! So join, and start enjoying a more productive and confident life.