By Kimberly Gerber
Yet how can we recognize the habitual behaviors associated with confidence so that we can learn to behave in these ways as well? Consider the following behaviors that can mark a confident person.
A confident person…
- Believes in their own abilities, talents and strengths, and is not paralyzed by doubts. The key word here is paralyzed – we all have doubts from time to time and a confident person remembers to have assurance in their own beliefs and does not look for the approval of others, knowing it’s not needed.
- Knows they have much to offer the world, and respect the value they bring to life. They treat others well and expect the same in return. They are not hesitant to have boundaries and protect their own rights.
- Is certain, yet realistic, about the goals they will achieve. They believe in their plans, and anything resembling failure is regarded as a temporary setback, challenge to overcome or learning opportunity. A confident person is comfortable in taking on challenges and acting even in the face of risk.
- Identifies themselves with other confident people. They celebrate others’ successes and relish in the realization of people’s inherent potential.
- Dreams big and acts on those dreams. They can picture themselves as successful in whatever they do.
- Accepts the recognition of others rather than diminishing or deflecting such recognition as if they believe it can’t possibly be warranted.
- Accepts themselves as they are, yet are open to feedback that will help them become better.
- Is open to new ideas and is willing to entertain them.
- Is willing to accept mistakes.
- Is always prepared to do their best.
Confidence is like a muscle – it has to be exercised to get strong. It requires plenty of preparation and practice, and can be achieved by anyone who has a desire to be more confident, successful and fulfilled in their lives!
And, if you’re serious about building confidence, download our free eBook, Incredible Confidence. You’ll learn how to project confidence in everything you do. Plus, you’ll receive the Incredible Confidence training series for free!