By Kimberly Gerber
Optimism shows itself through your attitude, belief and actions. When we are optimistic everything in life is different.
- Set more goals and put more effort into attaining their goals.
- Stay more engaged when challenges arise.
- Cope better during stressful times.
- Feel better about themselves and the world around them.
- Get more done.
In fact, it turns out that optimism is a predictor of work performance. The higher the optimism, the better your performance in all areas of life.
Here are some tips to become more optimistic:
- Expect favorable outcomes. This actually primes your brain to be on the lookout for and recognize possibilities.
- Make a list of the good things in your career or life. Scan your day for three good things that happened that day.
- Journal about positive experiences.
- Make positive comments about the world and people around you.
And just in case doubt and negativity might be clouding your thinking right now, trust me, this information has been scientifically proven. And doesn’t that just make you a little more optimistic!